Look For me On
"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" Season 4
As Seen on:
Happy New Year. Finally, "Alpha-Maybe" – a short film I had a leading role in premiered over the holidays in LA at the Zero Film Festival as the closing night feature! I worked on Law and Order, Life On Mars and a new Comedy Central pilot on all leading and featured roles over the course of the past two weeks. I also did a fun gimmick on the high profile European Show "Gotcha Girls!". Here are a few pics from the awesome comedy! Last but not least, I booked a cover for Nina Bucci Fitness Wear! See some of the shots below! This year I am also proud to announce that I will be the head dance choreographer for the Miss New Jersey Teen World pageant in April which will combine both of my favorite activities in the industry. Also, check out my AbCoaster reel on the reel page and look for my column uploads next month called "Lifestyle and Trends."
I hosted Rock The Lock for Fashion Week and OK Magazine.
Here are a few shots of me in Hillary Flowers dress.
Farlanders Feature Film Shoot
Farlanders Feature Film Shoot – see who was in this feature film below!
"Welcome back to my site!
This summer was a fun one - doing various scenes for "Ugly Betty", and modeling for Microsoft as "Disco Girl." Just recently, I hosted "Rock The Look" for OK magazine's website. I will post a clip of it soon. It was such a fabulous night and I wore Hillary Flowers Dress for my OK Magazine's interview with Delaina Dixon. I also did a fun shoot with the rock band "Z20" for their MTV pilot, as "Party Mom". My other larger modeling project this summer was a bikini shot for Rabanne Designs Surfboards. These hot boards sell at 5K per pop and because I am such a huge Deadhead and Bob Marley fan, I loved posing with these surfboards in particular.
Go Giants! XOXOX Jolene"
Shot for Jist Commercial (A smoke/tobacco free cigarette – to hit stores soon).
Shot from Sunglass shoot – Chanel and Escada
"Shot from the book "Models and Their Moms" – To be published next year.
Photo by renowned Photographer Howard Schatz
Jolene Visits Mexico Resort as Fitness Pro
Poster for Film Festivals
"Welcome back to my site. Work has been very exciting and busy over the past couple of months, so it has been quite the challenge to keep up with my site! Please read on to see what is new with this gal, as I endeavor to keep updates ongoing monthly. Happy Summer!"
1. SEX AND THE CITY FILM – I am so excited to have been part of this landmark film. I will never forget that it was working on this project that awarded me my invite into the SAG union (not to mention the last time I will ever have to do background work again!). So, if you want to look for me, I can be seen in the shot from "Winter Fashion Week". I am directly over Samantha's right shoulder, looking shocked as she gets red paint thrown on her white fur coat! That particular clip also got me into US Magazine last Fall (with the ladies, of course) and on HBO Film News!
2. FARLANDERS FEATURE FILM – A fun movie starring Maya Rudolph (Saturday Night Live) and Jim Krasinski (The Office) shows me in a more prominent role, where I am photographed with Jim at his brother's wedding...married to me. I become the crazy ex-wife in the film and there will be a scene displaying the photo I am in. We had a lot of fun that day taking all the hysterical shots! Most memorable was being directed for some of the shots by Oscar-Winning Director, Sam Mendes (American Beauty). (Check pictures below)
3. WHEN IN ROME FEATURE FILM – On May 28th, I will be shooting a scene with Tiki Barber and Peyton Manning (New York Giants). The scene is of the two fellas themselves at an upscale party in New York City. I will be portraying one of the models in the scene. Film should be out early next year.
4. I shot two featured scenes on Law and Order CSI to be coming out in late June/July.
5. Please check out my reel page for updated hosting clips. I co-hosted a DVD project for Greenstick, which is a great golf instructional tool. I also finally posted clips from the Pageant DVD "Secrets of Winning Beauty Pageants" (Shami Productions).
6. Speaking of pageants, stay posted in August when I represent the great state of NY in the NATIONAL Beauties of America Pageant with my amazing and gorgeous friend Amy Bell- who also is the talented director of www.lesbellespageants.com.
7. I worked in Long Island last week as a Fitness Model for the fun advertising campaign "Flex Your Advertising Muscle". Thanks Digital Vision Productions! Check out pictures below and on Fitness Page.
8. I was thrilled to do a sunglass shoot modeling the highend sunglasses through Danish Company Thiele and produced by www.firstmetrofilms.com. Pictures to be posted soon.
9. I am excited to have shot with one of the most renowned photographers in New York City and having been a part of his book project "Models and Their Moms." Check back to see pictures soon on photo page and on this page. Book to be hitting bookstores soon.
10.. In March, I had the honor of being pampered at the fabulous Waldorf Astoria, where I did a fun ballroom scene for the feature film "Confessions of a Shopaholic."
11. I am collaborating with new artist for a belly dancing video for one of the songs of his new hot music CD that has just been produced. I am confident that you will be seeing a lot more from this new artist soon. Omar Araujo is definitely got what it takes to succeed! Can't wait to post video and pix soon!
Reviews from Director Felix E. Martinez on Jolene's performance for A Monk Jumped Over The Wall
"Many auditioning actresses read the dialogue as written and it was clear it did not work in that manner. Things really got interesting when the dialogue was delivered in a sly, sexy tone. And Jolene Matthews delivered in spades. She was just totally on, uninhibited, full-tilt, and wonderful. A joy to work with. During the pre-production phase, I composed a few of minutes of moody, driving dance music to give Jolene an idea of where the Muse might be coming from. And the minute we began to roll tape, Jolene just owned the screen. I have a collection of outtakes that makes for a pretty damn sexy music video! But Jolene added a sly intelligence that I think was crucial. It was important to us that the women in this story are shown in control - they are in on the joke, pulling the strings. It's the men that are exploited!"
"Jolene Matthews came from our New York City auditions. She has been on "Law and Order," "Saturday Night Live," and many other TV and cable shows. She's also a stunning model with an impressive resume, and to her credit, she followed us down to Miami for our "little" project. She has a credo that is inscribed in a little leather wristband she wears, that says, "Stay on course, raise your sails and go for the gold," which is the legacy left behind by pirates! That attitude only fueled what we were doing. It was quite amazing to see her use her body like an instrument. The first cut of the opening was so provocative that I literally had to re-edit the sequence to modulate her sensual energy. And the amazing thing is that there should be absolutely nothing provocative about it: there's no nudity, no foul language, no obscene body movements. It can be quite startling when you marry a kick-ass performance with the right editing and music choices. It becomes more than the sum of the parts."
I was in Princeton, NJ on December 1st to participate in the production of BodyPump 64/Quarterly. Body Pump is the original bar bell program that has help the transformation of physical fitness and changing people's bodies for over 50 years worldwide. Nothing gets you in shape faster than BodyPump, with a 5 minute repetition set on each major muscle group. Look for it in a gym near you and be ready to lose weight and trim inches from top to bottom.
On other fitness news, I have recently been certified in belly dancing as well as Latin. Love to shake those hips. I hold special events and lessons in this area.
Worked on a commercial on location in Delaware. Take a look at the pictures below. New dateline out of Canada--so if you're looking for that special someone- look 'em up! I am also the model for their entire print campaign.
2 day shoot for another Sex and The City scene. This scene helped land a picture of me, other actors and the S&C chicks themselves in US magazine a few weeks back. I played the role of one of the models for Winter fashion Week (thankfully, I wasn't fashion roadkill).
I did a featured role on Cashmere Mafia as an -ooooo- jogger. Fun, but was frozen as it took almost 8 hours to shoot that one scene in Madison Park. Snore.
I shot a commercial for Tristar Productions doing some kind of laundry thing (all I know it involved a basket and dryer balls). Love those guys at Tristar!
See-I can actually transform quite easily to a housewife! No sexy required!
Check out picture below.
Please note that I am now SAG and unavailable for non-union work.
Happy holidays! December is my favorite month of the year- it's my birthday! Yep, I am a happy-go-lucky, adventurous Sagittarius- the Most favored sign of the zodiac, guarded by the wise Planet Jupiter. A pagan and a Gypsy by destiny, this explains my love of the stars...and the reason why I always shoot for them. It's hard to stay in one place for too long. (Good thing my husband is the same sign- we aspire to get lost together).
I did a comedy spoof on Jemma Jameson about a year ago. Please note that all pictures were just my head cut and pasted on somebody else's body.
|Tristar laundry commercial shoot||
Jolene and Olivia at New Jersey and Pennsylvania Pageant
|Jolene & Kathy|
Latest pageant pictures
Welcome to the launch of my new website! Make sure to check back to see the latest news and photos on upcoming projects related to acting, hosting, print and fitness modeling! So much cool stuff going on!
(A is for "sexy ABS") So, I just wrapped on Gargoyle Entertainment's shoot in Pittsburgh – "A Family Portrait". This cooly designed, shot and edited horror flick is based on the inner dilemma of a husband leaving his wife for his new girlfriend. But hey, in this case (as in many, my friends) the wife drove him away. So stop thinking inside the box and society's boring rules of right and wrong – and deal! Watch for it to hit the film festival circuit and check out my clip on the reel page of this website. Awesome end to the drama!
(B is for "BEAUTY is not only skin-deep") I am excited to work on my next movie shooting in Miami in a couple of weeks. This movie is based off the book "A Monk Jumped Over A Wall", written by Jay Nussbaum-which is about to hit bookstores soon. Check back for photos and reel clips. Meanwhile, here is some more information on the book: Publisher's Links here:
A Monk Jumped Over a Wall by Jay Nussbaum
Kirkus Book Review
14 (C is for "Crazy Fun") Looking for rock-solid abs? Well, I just signed on to host and instruct a cardio exercise DVD series using the AbCoaster. OK, just for the record – I have a great set of abs. I used this machine and tried not to let the producer know at my audition that it was killer! I could barely lift up through the abdominal area – this works your core like nothing I have ever seen – and not just for slick abs – it will get you right through the inner core as well! Rectus Abdominis, Transverse Abdomis, and obliques – you hit all areas and will see results! So, check out their website www.abcoaster.com and look for my new DVD – the first out of a series. You will also see me on their ad in many of the fitness magazines coming out soon!
(D is for "Daring to be Different" – gimme more) I worked on set with the sassy gals from "Sex and The City" movie on 9/24/07. I am hoping to do many more scenes before they wrap, but for now I will be in the "Sotheby's Auction" scene.
(E is for "EVERYDAY is a new day – say yes to life!) Oh yeah, I auditioned for the hot and talented Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders back in April – so much fun but way too much of a commitment – a one year contract to live in Dallas?! Maybe in my next lifetime – but had to say it was a lot of work and tons of fun! I made it into a couple scenes from episode one from round one and the semi-finals. Check out my clips on my reel page. I am wearing hot pink weekend one and a cute blue top for semifinals that I designed (does the talent ever cease to exist?! – LOL).
(F is for – you fill in the blank) I am going to do a shoot for Maxim Magazine this month. Pictures will be posted soon. Can't wait!
(G is for "Grateful Dead – my all time fave band") Last but not least, just did a shoot for the upcale closet system that will make California Closets a thing og the past. It's a little sassy, but hey – how else is there to be? I will post a clip in the next month! Other than that, I am a HUGE "Flight of the Conchords" fan – check out "Jenny" on Utube. It's my new happy place – too funny! This website will be updated monthly on what's new with this gal – so stay tuned... who knows what will happen next.
"The rules of the universe are the rules of the universe, but how you interact with them is incredibly intimate. Pay attention to what your spirit is asking you to do and act accordingly. Serve yourself and your high-voltage spiritual contracts. Expect the universe to support you because the cage is not locked."
|Jolene and Alison at Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Audition||A segment that I hosted about Event Planning – who doesn't love a good party?|
Duffy and Jolene (a former Miss New York) crowning people in Times Square for The Learning Channel